Over the next few blog posts we’ll be focusing on our 7 Pillars. Today’s theme reflects Pillar 1: Infuse Your Vitality – Food As Nourishment.
Your body is a temple and deserves to be treated as one. Our bodies crave nourishment, compassion, and love. By nourishing and caring for our bodies, we allow our bodies to function more smoothly with no need to fight digestion, inflammation, disease, and perhaps even pain.
How do we achieve this? Through consistent healthy behavior which breeds healthy habits. When you have a wellness plan that works, healthy habits become second nature. Discover the power of vitality that emerges from within and is associated with your health, longevity, more energy, better quality of life!
WHY IS INFUSE YOUR VITALITY THE FIRST PILLAR?
Through challenges, I learned that my health was my foundation for growth. When we are not well and are constantly feeling drained our focus is strictly on surviving not thriving.
A new life started for me only a few years ago when I healed my body from many skin diseases, inflammations, addictions, and cravings. Before healing, I was diagnosed by four different doctors with shingles, acne, other bacteria, allergy to tea tree oil (and that all on my face!), and lyme disease. I was given antibiotics and antiviral for over a year. I knew I had to take care of my immune system, emotional state, and habits. Fortunately, I always felt drawn to a plant-based lifestyle and opted for organic whenever possible. I cut out processed food almost completely and added nutrient-dense superfoods.
However, my true healing began when I looked into my gluten intolerance, addressed my emotional eating pattern, and removed alcohol from my life. With these steps, I finally started gaining energy, my immune system and adrenalines were back on track. It took 6 months to recover and a little longer to heal my scars.
Once healed, I gained so much more than I expected; more focus, clarity, happiness, confidence, and awareness. My health was better than it had ever been, my meditation improved greatly, and my life became more intentional and true.
While the journey was challenging, it also provided insight into the 7 Pillars and helped shape it into what it is now. I learned that to get to thriving you must give your body what it needs to heal so it can serve you as your foundation. That’s why Infuse Your Vitality is the very first pillar of seven in my coaching program Infuse Your Life & Brand.
INFUSE YOUR VITALITY
Vitality is your birthright! Claim it right now! Be the magnificent expression of yourself that you are meant to be and fully live your life. Focus on addressing:
We need to give our body what it needs to function. My approach to Vitality is to add quality food into your diet, and let go gradually of processed toxic food or sugar. Our bodies naturally want to be in balance, well, nourished, and energized. By putting into our bodies what our bodies recognize as food we do ourselves an enormous favor. Incorporate the following to nourish your body:
- Balanced Nutrition – Add value and remove what doesn’t nourish you.
- Plan and prepare regular meals and make time for cooking – don’t let yourself get to the desperately hungry point.
- Your sleep and stress release has value – make sure you’re getting enough sleep and rest.
Taste Of Mindfulness:
Expand mindfulness into your food. Mindful eating is a way of living, it’s not a diet. Allows us to slow down and raise our overall awareness and calmness that we can then bring into the rest of our day and life. Mindfulness and eating intuitively has an impact on your brain.
Pleasure and relaxation actually signals to your body to digest!
So the more chilled out you are, the more satisfied you’ll become and the less cravings you’ll have.
Try the following to incorporate mindfulness into your eating:
- Mindful Eating – set a daily commitment to stay aware and awake when it comes to food. Self-awareness can free us from unconscious behavior.
- Intuitive Eating – be your own detective and become informed about what is going into your body. Have a healthy great relationship with food, incorporate compassion. Have no judgment around food, and listen to your body and your energy levels after eating.
Craving As Your Teacher:
Learn from your cravings and addictions. Have a gentle loving approach towards emotional healing. Consider that there is a reason why you crave or overeat something. Food cravings are caused by the regions of the brain that are responsible for memory, pleasure, and reward.
- Limit cravings by cleaning your tongue each morning – you crave what’s in your body.
- Know your temptations and face all your emotions. Do you sometimes use food to feel better? We feel emotional discomfort, and we want a relief. Food is tremendously comforting! For about seventeen seconds. Instead, face your emotions and determine what is causing you to want to emotionally eat. The key is to pay attention to what you feel before, while, and after eating.
- When feeling the need to emotionally eat or reward a craving, positivity distract or replace, for example if you feel lonely, find something else to occupy yourself with such as calling your friend before reaching for a cookie, or have a savory cup of tea if you want to relax.
In summary, aim to be the very best expression of yourself! If you find yourself struggling or just need a little reminder, speak the mantra below.
Set the intention today to invest in your well-being and vitality! Shine bright, friends!
Today’s theme reflects Pillar 3: INFUSE YOUR SOUL – Reflect, Release, & Recharge.